[Gllug] He doesn't give up...

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jun 2 14:54:48 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Steve Nelson wrote:

> Does he actually have a massive anti-linux chip(shop) on his shoulder?
> Or is he just a bitch?

Err, no, he's just a know-nothing moron.  I used to be an IT journalist
and know the type.  They know well how to generate controversy, and are
skilled at quietly giving coverage to those who've handed out the
junkets.  Nice junket that one, trip to Geneva and all.

We once got an invite to some incredibly boring HP announcement (I think
it was a strategic alliance with Netscape) that was held at the nicest
restaurant in Sydney (this is Sydney-based publications, mind).
Surprise, surprise, every invite resulted in a journo turning up.  I
think I ended up writing three lines about it to justify the boozy
afternoon to my editor.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net