[Gllug] Linux -> windows issues

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 16:12:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 17:04 +0100, Matthew Cooke wrote:
> I'm getting desperate so I thought I'd see if anyone could help despite this
> really being a windows issue.
> I have jmDNS (a java multicast DNS implementation)  running as part of an
> application I'm developing. In linux the multicast DNS works ok but I can't
> seem to get it to work under Windows XP.

Do you mean this works if the server is on Linux but not if it is on XP?
Or something else like it works for Linux clients but not XP clients?

> Using Ethereal I can see packets being sent to 224.0.0.251 but I never seem
> to receive them on another windows XP machine. The windows firewalls are all
> turned off.

And you can ping these boxes from the server? I know that is teaching
you how to suck eggs and all, but you have to ask...

--
Adrian McMenamin <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk>