[Gllug] Recovering ISOs from a FUBARed HDD

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Mon Jun 13 17:09:29 UTC 2005

Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 05:19:15PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
>> Now my question - is there any way I could have done it if I hadn't had
>> the USB device to hand?  Any way of getting those files over the network
>> using either Knoppix or the Sarge installation CD?

I thought you could get NFS mount to work during install? (I could be
wrong, but I *thought* you could).

But if you have to go down this route again, PXEBoot of a rescue CD
would probably be less painful...

> I don't know what tools either provides, but I can think of a few *evil*
> ways to transfer a file between machines without any decent
> file-transfer stuff.
[snip]

Waggling the cassette relay on a BBC micro, connecting the output to a
key on a BBC Master Compact and using that to transfer a ROM into
Sideways RAM?

cheers Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml