[Gllug] Which is the best Wiki

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 21:27:09 UTC 2005

On 6/12/05, Doug Winter <doug at pigeonhold.com> wrote:
> Steve Nelson wrote:
> > I really like twiki - easy to install, fast and slimline.  Moinmoin
> > seems featureful, but there's currently a bug in the debian package,
> > so I've not tried the recent versions.  The older versions had a
> > terrible default stylesheet, and were so ugly and clunky that I
> > actually disliked using them.

> OK, I'll bite.  I'm running the debian package of moin, and I've not
> found any showstoppers.  What's the bug?

There was a bug in BTS - I'll look it out for you, and email you the
details off list.  I don't remember the specifics.

> Oh, and it does now come with an alternative stylesheet that is stacks
> better (and writing your own isn't hard).

Yes indeed - the new stylesheet looks excellent.  Yes - agreed, its
not hard to write your own, but other wikis come with basic
stylesheets which are quite adequate if you don't want anything
specific.  I'm thinking of the out-of-the-box freebsd twiki, which is
what I've used most.

> Cheers,
>
> Doug.

S.