[Gllug] Bio visa applications may be outsourced

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 18:17:35 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 28 Jun 2005 10:36, Chris Bell wrote:

> Hello,
>    I have seen a report that biometric visa applications may be outsourced
> to India. Perhaps we should outsource the UK government as well, with all
> the benefits of lower costs, yet having absolutely no detrimental effects?

This whole Identity Card, Visa and Passport nonsense simply won't ever work.
There have been NO "government" IT initiatives that have ever worked under
the current bunch of criminals.  As long as Blair persists in using the
"software" from his new best friend (Bill Gates) and "consultancy services"
from EDS, nothing will work.

It's funny how much "friendship" you can buy in political circles.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk