[Gllug] spamassassin v bogofilter

Michael Moritz mimo at gn.apc.org
Wed Jun 1 20:52:05 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 18:10, Rich Walker wrote:
> Tethys <tet at createservices.com> writes:
> I assume everyone here has had the experience of trying to explain why
> emails are (a) delayed and (b) not arriving at all when greylisting is
> implemented? Delayed is bad enough - but the fact that many people have
> an ISP whose mail servers fail on meeting a greylisting mail server is
> enough to make greylisting un-usable in any real situation...
>
> cheers, Rich [who had high hopes for greylisting once...]

I think you should look at greylisting again. One, it's reasonable easy to
compile lists of ISPs that dont comply with the RFC. Two, reasonable
greylisting systems allow to collect data before being activated. Three, it
grows on you the longer you have it. Sure, the first couple of months support
gives you a hard time. But then, suddenly, it calms down and you only think
of it when it crashes and spam complaints start again... Four, economics. It
reduces your mail load massively. Finally, I think the implementations have
improved (like the one I wrote .. ;)

mimo

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk