[Gllug] Planet GLLUG?

andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Mon Jun 20 11:38:06 UTC 2005

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> Then again, there's the argument that people _want_ more than just the
> geek stuff, to get to know people as rounded individuals

That is a good point.  Maybe I am biassed gainst blogs becuase I have
only seen them from people I don't know, so the random musing about non
techy things lack context.  OTOH if it was someone I knew (from meeting
them or on a mailing list) then I might be more interested taht the cut
the gress/ went to concert / had a haircut or whatever.

I have certainly found it useful to discuss interests other than the
thing that bring you together with a particular group (eg discussing
musci with geeks or geeky things with muscicians)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk