[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Sat Jun 25 12:35:56 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 10:24:30AM +0100, Liam Smit wrote:
> Hi
>
> Bulldog tends to push the envolope. I know they have been offering 4mb
> ADSL connections for a long time. They are now offering 8mb
> connections. They also offer SDSL. I know a few people who work there.

You've got to be kidding. I am currently a Bulldog LLU victim [customer
is the wrong word] and I've never seen or heard of /any/ other company
with such incredibly shit service or staff. The phone droids don't give
a fuck, which I could handle except they simply have no power to
escalate calls anywhere, only give first names, have literally zero
technical knowledge on the part of their supposedly technical support,
and just seem to be falling apart. Hourlong phone queues to talk to
their customer services are common, presumably this is linked to the
poor level of service.

Obviously YMMV but I have heard a lot of other people with similar
complaints of massive packet loss, irregular latency and remote ppp
connection dropping... Cable and Worthless appear to have remoulded them
into their own image.

Oh, and if you want their LLU DSL you have to let them transfer the
voice line to Bulldog too. And they *keep* fucking that up too.
Including a week cut-off at one point followed by 2 weeks with somebody
else's number. Which was fun. And of course when you call, nobody has a
clue. Avoid!

Incidentally, suggestions of anybody else who can provide preferably LLU
DSL in London NW6 accepted gratefully. If nobody else can do it I guess
I'll have to go back to a BT ipstream service - anybody recommend a
reasonably clueful ISP who don't take the piss and can do a 2MB+ circuit
for Bulldog money?

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk