[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sat Jun 25 13:09:10 UTC 2005

Joel Bernstein wrote:

> You've got to be kidding. I am currently a Bulldog LLU victim [customer
> is the wrong word] and I've never seen or heard of /any/ other company
> with such incredibly shit service or staff. The phone droids don't give
> a fuck, which I could handle except they simply have no power to
> escalate calls anywhere, only give first names, have literally zero
> technical knowledge on the part of their supposedly technical support,
> and just seem to be falling apart. Hourlong phone queues to talk to
> their customer services are common, presumably this is linked to the
> poor level of service.

Ah, the joys of Unable and Clueless.  I remember running an ISP with
them provividing the circuits for our dial-up customers (ah the good old
days - and using a good old Livingston Portmaster terminal server and
rackmounted modems) and they weren't very good customer service wise
whenever we had to call them.  They did do good Centric lines though
(their only saving grace - until they scrapped the service).  But even
in those days (we're talking '98 and '99) they were crap.

> Incidentally, suggestions of anybody else who can provide preferably LLU
> DSL in London NW6 accepted gratefully. If nobody else can do it I guess
> I'll have to go back to a BT ipstream service - anybody recommend a
> reasonably clueful ISP who don't take the piss and can do a 2MB+ circuit
> for Bulldog money?

Easynet?  UK Online?  I personally wouldn't touch Easynet with a 500ft
barge pole, but admittedly I do believe they are a bit more clueful with
regards to LUL than Uncapble and Witless.

Regards,

	Martyn
--
http://www.drake.org.uk