[Gllug] Change Management tools

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:21:41 UTC 2005

On 6/8/05, Wayne Allen <wayne at micromouse.co.uk> wrote:

> anyone have any experience with change management software? We could
> deploy CVS across all of our servers to track changes of config files
> etc, but we are looking for something a bit more 'wordy'. needs to run on
> Linux/Solaris, and GNU if possible

My suggestion is to use Subversion for the version control along with
Trac for a web-based way of tracking what's been happening in
Subversion.  Besides interfacing with Subversion, Trac also provides
issue tracking that can be used to log the issues that necessitated
the changes and relate those changes to the affected files.

--
Mamading Ceesay

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change
something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk