[Gllug] iptables and flaky ssh, ftp, vnc

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 20:29:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 17:56 +0100, Alan Peery wrote:
> Tom Schutzer-Weissmann wrote:
>
> >The problem is that when using ssh, ftp or vnc, the connection is often
> >lost.
> >
> By any chance do you live in the flight path of one of the airports?
> Somewhere around 1/3 of the traffic coming into Heathrow seems to knock
> my wireless for a loop, and TCP connections therefore drop.

I'm not near a flightpath, fortunately by the sound of things!

The connection here is tenuous, but I don't have any problems using ssh
from my compaq.

[Thinkpad] <-> [Compaq, iptables] <-> [Belkin router next door]

That's why I think there must be something wrong with my iptables rules.

Have you tried using different aerials?
Tom Weissmann

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk