[Gllug] Don't like to boast but...

Wal walid.shaari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:17:27 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:

> Actually it runs SuSE. We paint go-faster stripes on the side with
> our SCore parallel environment. Standard MPI libraries, but a low
> latency gigabit layer. You need low latency to get the parallel
> performance to acceptable levels.

Congratulations, but I for one would not trust linpack nor
top500.org<http://top500.org>,
We are in the top100 for some time, but the reported figures were submitted
by the vendors, and they do not really represent the production environment,
they were better tuned for top500 than the real applications which could
behave completely different

regards

Walid