[Gllug] Don't like to boast but...

Ashley Evans hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 13:46:28 UTC 2005

John Hearns wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 12:35 +0100, Ashley Evans wrote:
>

>>That must be running the GPL'd version of Solaris then, eh ?
>>

>Is that a pun on Galaxy/Solaris? Groan.
>
>Actually it runs SuSE. We paint go-faster stripes on the side with
>our SCore parallel environment. Standard MPI libraries, but a low
>latency gigabit layer. You need low latency to get the parallel
>performance to acceptable levels.

It was meant as a friendly litle poke against non-free software :)  The
top500 entry mentions it runs Solaris.

Most of the other stuff you mentioned was over my head, impressive none
the less though.   I'm guessing SCore is your own (company's)
development env/libs for creating software on parallel systems?

I may look up this low latency gigabit magic of which you speak though.
Sounds interesting.

Well, off to googel for me.

Ashley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk