[Gllug] ADSL upload speeds

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 15:14:01 UTC 2005

On Sat 25 Jun, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> Incidentally, suggestions of anybody else who can provide preferably LLU
> DSL in London NW6 accepted gratefully. If nobody else can do it I guess
> I'll have to go back to a BT ipstream service - anybody recommend a
> reasonably clueful ISP who don't take the piss and can do a 2MB+ circuit
> for Bulldog money?
>
> /joel

   I have remained with Demon since my first dial-up connection. There has
not been much noticeable contention effect on ADSL so far, although that may
change as all possible home connections are being upgraded to 2Mbps by
September. My connection has been fairly reliable, but not the cheapest
available. They do offer SDSL, dedicated lines, and more, and have many
large customers. There are reports of admin and billing problems affecting
some customers, but that seems to be common with large organisations. Their
"demon.service" newsgroup is open to inspection from anywhere.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk