[Gllug] Don't like to boast but...

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 22:19:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:53:37PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:

> What about Debian?  Debian really has no major presence in the HPC
> clustering market. I know - there is FAI etc.

I have heard of plenty of Debian clusters in the past, but all of them
have been home grown rather than purchased. I'm guessing that if people
are going the route of buying an expensive cluster that they will also
want the warm fuzzys of having the OS running on the cluster supported
by a vendor with large support contracts, and they see Debian as a
relatively (and incorrectly) unsupported system as it doesn't give out
the same warm fuzzies as a large vendor does.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk