[Gllug] [OT] Data Recovery companies

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 21:52:51 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 22 Jun 2005 09:01, Wiehe, Simon wrote:

> Might be trivial to swap but it probably wont work.
>
> I had a Fujitsu drive with a faulty controller card (known manufacturing
> fault) Fujitsu support said it might work but it is unlikely, I would have
> to match the exact model and bios revision, which I did. It still did not
> work, this is because platter metrics are burned into the chips when the
> drive is built.

That's strange.  My neighbour had a power supply go wild, and it fried his
Fujitsu drive electronics.  I contacted Fujitsu, and they told me that the
particular model of drive was obsolete, but they'd see if they could locate a
board for it.  They didn't have one in this country, but shipped me one (at
no charge) from Japan within three days!  It was a matter of moments to
install the replacement board, and the drive worked as well as ever.

Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk