[Gllug] Graduates paying for IT training before employment

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 06:54:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:00:30PM -0000, Andrew McGregor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I realise this thread is the best part of two years old - but does anyone
> remember the outcome?  I am meeting with ICS tomorrow.
> Thanks,
>
> Andy
>

> http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2003-August/038041.html

Something else that I remember a few years ago were companies that put employees
through training courses as part of their employment, but then demanded that
the employee repay the cost of any training if they left within 3 years.
This meant that to leave the company someone had to pay several thousands for
courses - some of which they never wanted to go on in the first place.

Does this sort of thing still happen ?

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.