[Gllug] phone memory stick

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 07:09:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:23:37PM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:44, Alain Williams wrote:
>
> > I left the shop after telling the manager that I was not going to buy there
> > since his salesmen lied. Phones-4-u I think it was.
>
> You shouldn't be so hard on clueless sales-droids!  They will tell you
> ANYTHING to make a sale, as their weekly pay is directly proportional to
> their personal turnover.

That is exactly WHY we should be hard on these people. Lying to get a sale is theft.
Why should we tolerate it ? It isn't OK just because it happens a lot - think car,
insurance, pension, ... salesmen.

Another way of putting it is that is that it is a con trick.

Maybe the moron did not know the answer - but he knew that he did not know and should
have said so. There is no excuse.

Sorry: dishonesty/lies is something that I really hate.

> It gives rise to the stupidities you see in PC World - "You can't return that
> faulty CD drive as you probably virussed it" was one I heard recently.
>
> Chris
> --

Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.