[Gllug] Anyone having broadband (probably PlusNet) problems today?

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Thu Mar 24 10:18:18 UTC 2005

And verily, didst Ian Norton announce to the hordes:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:35:29PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> >
> > Woke up today to find that my PlusNet internet connection behaving
> > very oddly indeed.  It's not that it doesn't work, just that certain
> > types of connections hang.
>
> Plusnet once killed my dialup account and terminated my hosting because I had a
> 'screen' session on thier cgi server. (this didnt have screen or even a
> compiler, oh, and no-exec for anyfiles except perl in thier cgi-bin place)
>
> After that they still were charging me for the CGI usage. When I called they
> refused to refund me the payment for a service they wouldnt let me use.

I signed up for them for surftime (having looked over their site and thinking
it looked ok... Only when I was signed up did I get access to the customer
section which had a document showing what they thought were acceptable usage
limits and lots of complaints about this...

The document basically said 4 hours a day on surftime... was "taking the
mikey". I tried to cancel and get a refund (3 months in advance, iirc), but
they told me I'd just have to use it till the account was closed by them for
breach of their acceptable usage policy, and I'd get a refund then...

Wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole.
Surftime:- evenings and weekends, and they think 4 hours a day is too much?
What drugs were they smoking?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk