[Gllug] annoyiong "No Route to host"

Julian Parker jpar at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 22:40:10 UTC 2005

I'm having a bit of a weird problem.

I have a Cyclades Terminal Server in our Scotland office, I got some
chaps to swap out a 4 port unit for an 8 port unit but I can't seem to
get to the 8 port unit. Bear with me on this one...

The linux system has an IP of 10.4.99.50/16 on one interface and
192.168.64.3/23 on the other.
The 4 port Cyclades had an IP address of 192.168.64.18/23
The 8 port Cyclades had an IP of 192.168.64.13/23

We took out the 4 port and connected the 8 port but all I get is "no
route to host" errors.
When we connect the 4 port back, all is well...When we connect the 8
port to another PC (same subnet etc) it works....

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

I'll take another look at it tomorrow. Fresh face and all that!

Cheers

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk