[Gllug] Re: Gates to get Knighthood!!!

Matthew Cooke mpcooke3 at gridfire.com
Wed Mar 2 22:21:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 20:22 +0000, Jack Bertram wrote:
> * Matthew Cooke <mpcooke3 at gridfire.com> [050302 20:17]:
> > However, a lot of people probably think that we should recognise and
> > reward, technical innovation, marketing and non-abusive business
> > practices rather than monopoly-abuse.
>
> You misunderstand me.  I'm not condoning monopoly abuse, I'm asking
> people to stop criticising Microsoft for being excellent at marketing
> rather than innovation.
>
> jack

Well, maybe though personally I don't think Microsoft marketing skills
are particularly relevant any more since they pretty much control the
desktop platform.

Regardless of Microsoft's marketing skills, given that a lot of people
think that healthy competition, innovation and interoperability is more
important than acquisitions, lock-ins and monopoly abuse I think the
Microsoft bashing may well continue for some time...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk