[Gllug] Logo as a first language

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 11:42:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Pete Ryland stated:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 06:14:16 -0000, David Abbishaw wrote:
>> Rich,
>>
>> Can you supply more details about the Lego kit, a friend of mines been
>> looking for something like this for his son.
>
> He's likely talking about Lego Mindstorms.[1]  They have an "RCX brick"
> which will connect via infrared to a PC running Windows and are programmed
> to read sensors and control motors and lights and such with a graphical (and
> really simple) programming language.  Alternatively, you can replace the ROM
> on the brick with one that runs more sane languages.[2]

Um, I think you mean `you can upload arbitrary code to the brick, without
needing to do any ROM replacement at all'.

It's an h8300 internally, if I remember; GCC can target it fine. (Mine
is in a box upstairs, unused for much too long. I must get it out and
have a fiddle. :) )

--
> ...Hires Root Beer...
What we need these days is a stable, fast, anti-aliased root beer
with dynamic shading. Not that you can let just anybody have root.
 --- John M. Ford
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk