[Gllug] GLLUG March 12th 2005 -- Reminder

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Wed Mar 9 21:31:05 UTC 2005

Pretty much as the subject says but with the addition of the pub we'll
be going to (The Britannia.)

--------------------------
Full details of the meeting will end up here:
http://gllug.org.uk/meeting-20050312.html

March 2005 GLLUG Announcement

I'm pleased to announce that the next meeting will be held on the 12th
of March and will be hosted by Fotango. The talks will start at about
2PM and aim to be finished by 6PM.

There is an entry phone on the door you can use to call in if no one is
waiting to greet you, there is street parking available if it's needed
(please ask any questions regarding this onlist) and there will also be
a wireless network available. After the talks we'll be heading over to a
pub called the Britannia. It's about a minute away from Fotango on the
same street.

Speakers:
----------------
We have three talks lined up for this meeting and they are currently
scheduled in the following order.

Bruce Richardson: High availability and failover on Linux systems.
Specifically, heartbeat, ldirectord (LVS), carp, DHCP failover.

Peter Ryland: While displaying an install of Ubuntu (which has a nice
installer!) Pete will give an overview of the distro's features, what
makes it better, worse or just different from ordinary Debian.

Martin Michlmayr: The Debian project lead will discuss Quality in
OpenSource Development.

After the talks we will be going to the Britannia (located about a
minute away) and then probably off to a restaurant or two for
food. The food venues are going to be chosen by a hard working,
dedicated bunch of GLLUGers who are going to try all the local
restaurants before the March event.

Fotango details:
----------------
Address:
Fotango Ltd.
64 Ironmonger Row
London
EC1V 3QR
United Kingdom

Directions:
Old St tube, exit 7, walk towards church spire straight ahead of you,
immediately before the church turn right down the narrow road,
walk through the gated-off section of road ahead of you, and the
office is in the first block on the right.

Alternatively it's about a 15 minute walk from Farringdon.

Map: http://www.fotango.com/about/contact_us

Eventually the details will live:
http://gllug.org.uk/meeting-20050312.html

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk