[Gllug] vi vs emacs (repeat)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 9 21:46:31 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Benedikt Heinen stated:
> Ah - before I wrote that I tried 'C-h w toggle-read-only' to find out
> whether there WAS a binding, and there wasn't...  C-x C-q is
> vc-toggle-read-only -- which is actually a bit better even, in the way
> that it would also check out the file if it's under version control.
> I wasn't even aware that there was a separate command for this...

There are uglier hacks than that lying around. See if you can figure out
why `advertised-undo' exists...

--
> ...Hires Root Beer...
What we need these days is a stable, fast, anti-aliased root beer
with dynamic shading. Not that you can let just anybody have root.
 --- John M. Ford
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk