[Gllug] Gates to get Knighthood!!!

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 10:24:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:18:32AM +0000, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> And verily, didst Andy McGarty announce to the hordes:
> >
> > I'm sure you will all cheer to hear this!
> >
> > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050301/us_nm/people_gates_dc
>
> Indeed...
> What the FECK has he ever done for the UK? That is the whole point of a
> knighthood afterall, is it not, someone who has served the UK with
> distinction? Geldof did something BRILLIANT to qualify for his, but giving
> bill gates one? cheapens the whole thing even more than it already has
> been...

The point is that Tony B thinks that the sun shines out of Gates' posterior and
hopes that by giving him a gong that Gates will (as Blair sees it) be nice to the
UK again - something like giving some MS software for schools -- which Blair does
not understand is something that the MS marketing department is itching to do anyway.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256

#include <std_disclaimer.h>