[Gllug] Mail server recommendation

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Wed Mar 2 09:53:29 UTC 2005

Hi Simon;

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:45:48 -0000
"Wiehe, Simon" <simon.wiehe at csfb.com> wrote:

> which can be accessed via IMAP. I have been using xmail for a few
> years which did the trick when I had 1 client PC and used POP3
> but I now have 2 client machines and want to be able to read/send
> mail from either client.
> Does anyone have anything they can recommend ?

I am running setups like these for several of our customers using
- fetchmail or getmail to retrieve mail out of pop3,
- procmail or sieve to get things sorted,
- cyrus21 to have them available via imap,
- postfix to send mails out using the smarthost of the ISP used there,
- amavis-ng and clamav to do the virus / spam control.

Works pretty well though it's somewhat big and hard to get started
learning how all the pieces fit together. Once you know, it rocks. ;)

> Also the clients are M$ based and use outlook, does anyone know
> of a utility to import data from an outlook pst file into a
> Linux based mail server ?

What sort of information do .pst files contain? Unless its anything
related to groupware, probably this will be a thing the mail client has
to deal with. If it's groupware related, you're probably doomed...

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink	icq#48874445
Welcome to the Banana Republic Of Europe!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk