[Gllug] Re: Gates to get Knighthood!!! (Andrew Halliwell)

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 10:17:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:25:24AM +0000, John Hearns wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 22:12 +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> > Ahah, the motorola 68k - there was a nice processor. 32 bits, none of the
> > nasty segmentation that you have with the 8086/80286.
> I learned to program in assembler on a Motorola 68000 trainer board.
> And that was in a physics department.
>
> I still have my copy of "68000 Assembler" by Kane, Hawkins and Leventhal

Up until the year before I started uni, Essex taught 68k assembler, I was quite
looking forward to it having seen the fantastic stuff written for my Atari
Falcon and STs. Shame that they decided to go to ARM, wierdly, I often forget
that I can actually make stuff in ARM assembler. :-)

--
Ian Norton-Badrul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk