[Gllug] BIND9 Problems

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 16:39:49 UTC 2005

Simon asked about BIND and a home domain.

It is perfectly possible to have your nameserver on your local machine
listening to your local network only and serving up something totally different
to the external nameserver.  I assume that the nameserver for your main
domain is on an external machine with your ISP  (no point doing nameservice
for your domain on your own machine).

Give me a buzz at home this evening if you want to talk it through.
I will take my BIND book home with me when I leave the office.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk