[Gllug] Dead PC :-(

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Mon Mar 7 10:47:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:52:26 -0000, Wiehe, Simon <simon.wiehe at csfb.com>
wrote:

> Can anyone make some suggestions to what the problem is. If it was PSU I
> would
> have thought the LED would be off as well, if it was CPU surely the fans
> would
> spin up.

It could be the power switch.  I've only seen this on two PCs.  The
easiest test (if you are slightly brave) is to remove the power switch
connection and then short the motherboard connector with a screwdriver and
see if it powers up.  If you are not brave then swap the power switch for
the rest switch (they both just close the circuit as you press them) and
see if that powers up.

But I'm with the others in thinking its the PSU.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk