[Gllug] MP3/Ogg to AAC

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri Mar 18 10:55:11 UTC 2005

Richard Turner writes:

>Failing a quick and painless way to convert from either of these formats
>can anyone recommend a raw encoder instead? I'd prefer not to have to
>rip the tracks again just to convert to AAC but if that's the only
>way...

It may be a hassle, but it will get you the best quality sound. If you're
prepared to accept the loss of quality caused by transcoding, then even if
there's no direct converter, you can decode the mp3 or ogg vorbis to wav
and then reencode from there.

Tet

PS. I rip to FLAC for this very reason -- so that in the unlikely event
    that I want to reencode in a different lossy format (I currently use
    ogg vorbis), then all the data is already sitting on my hard drive.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk