[Gllug] Logo as a first language

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Fri Mar 4 09:09:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:59:16 +0000
John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:

> Anyway, the topic of the OReilly Learning Python book came up. I've
> got both editions (bought second one for the study group) but I've
> never got on with it. What are good books for the junior Pythonista?

Personally, I had quite some insightful moments reading "How to think
like a computer scientist: learning with Python" (see

http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCS/python/english/	).

Good about this IMHO is that, though providing you some solid knowledge
about Python itself, it is not focused on being a book teaching one how
to write code but actually to some extend also instructing to understand
concepts of programming no matter whether following the imperative or
the OOP approach.

Cheers,
Kris

--