[Gllug] Linux Political Party

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Mon Mar 7 11:08:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 22:28 +0000, Sid Dabster wrote:
> Someone has said that my proposal for a Linux Party
> is not real, they are wrong, just read Anglian
> LUG and FSF Europe discussion mailing lists for
> proof. In Norwich it common for political
> activists to use a psuednym online. The term FLOSS
> is used in ALUG because it stops the Free Software
> versus Open Source term arguement.

I think one of the things I like about Linux and Open Source software is
that is one of the few things in life nowdays that can bring people
together across religions and widely different political beliefs (not
just within a country, but it can bridge people across widely different
political environments around the world)

Whilst campaigning against software patents and so on is a political
process I personally wouldn't like to see a political party claiming to
represent the needs of all Linux users... the userbase is too diverse.

~sm
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk