[GLLUG] Slightly OT - Netiquette at work

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 16:35:44 UTC 2005

On Friday, 18 Mar 2005, Jack Bertram wrote:
>* David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> [050318 16:22]:
>>On Friday, 18 Mar 2005, Steve Nelson wrote:
>>>"Everyone else" top-posts, why should I be different?  Please follow
>>>'the standard'.
>>The answer as to why you should be different is that it is very
>>difficult for a top-quoter to respond to an email that makes several
>>separate substantive points.
>It's not really:
>"You make three points.
>*Time taken for download*.  You're wrong here because...
>*Point 2*.  Answer follows...
>*Summary of third*.  Blah blah blah"

But that's just reinventing interspersed quoting, where it is
conventional to summarise where appropriate, only more awkwardly in
that one cannot _not_ summarise where that is best.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is First Chedday, March - a public holiday.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk