[Gllug] vi vs emacs (repeat)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 9 21:14:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005, Tethys stated:

> Nix writes:
>
>>I stole the phrase, but I can't remember who from. :)
>
> Brian Kernighan, discussing troff's input syntax

That sounds right, probably via the jargon file's troff entry.

>                                                  (which incidentally,
> I also find straightforward, and quite intuitive).

First vi and now this. Admit it, you're really an alien or a
mathematician or something, aren't you?

--
> ...Hires Root Beer...
What we need these days is a stable, fast, anti-aliased root beer
with dynamic shading. Not that you can let just anybody have root.
 --- John M. Ford
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk