[Gllug] vi vs emacs (repeat)

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Mar 10 10:00:12 UTC 2005

Nix writes:

>>                                                  (which incidentally,
>> I also find straightforward, and quite intuitive).
>
>First vi and now this. Admit it, you're really an alien or a
>mathematician or something, aren't you?

Errr... well I've been accused of alien-like tendencies (mostly revolving
around my inability to grok "normal" human interaction), but yes, I'd have
to admit guilt on the mathematics charge[1].

Vagueley related aside:

There was a drama on children's TV in probably the early '80s, where
a child prodigy claimed that "mathematics is beautiful", and lamented
the fact that no one (including his teachers) appeared to understand
that[2]. To them it was all just mundane. He was recruited by some
sinister secret organisation that made use of his talents. Can anyone
remember the name of the program? Google hasn't been very helpful...

Tet

[1] I did Computer Science at University, but only because I couldn't
    find a combined Maths/CS course with an acceptable Maths:CS ratio.

[2] A sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree. It brought a lump to my
    throat when he said it because I was in exactly the same position.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk