[Gllug] Logo as a first language

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 08:32:16 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:44:29 +0000, John Southern
<john at sinoda.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone remember logo? Not icons, but the programming language.

Indeed - many happy hours with my BBC.
> Also what would be the idea programming language you would learn if you had to
> start all over again today?

Easy! Python :) Its logical, simple and fun yet powerful and flexible;
teaches good habits, encourages clean and readable code, and is an
excellent way to understand and implement object orientation.  I also
happen to love its unit test framework.  My experience in introducing
new programmers to Python has been that they start producing working
and pleasing code very quickly, which is also great for their
confidence.

> Regards
> John

Steve