[Gllug] Spam in the UK

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Mar 16 11:35:52 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Kristian Davies wrote:

> <angry rant>
> We have received a couple of recruitment emails to our webmaster account!!
> and having just spoken to them they seem to be legit.
>
> Apart from the fact they are sending unsolicited Spam to an account that has
> never been listed anywhere, they have no idea of what our company does or
> what we need or.. Grrr...!
> </angry rant>

Put up a web page where it will get indexed well with copies of the spam
and saying why you think people shouldn't deal with them.  Tip: make the
URL contain the keywords you want to come up (e.g.,
infinite-people-recruitment-are-spammers.html)

This is what I did when a ski apartment owner ripped us off and Google
loves me:
http://www.rumble.net/blog/index.cgi/grumble/vallandry-apartment-les-choucas2.html

> http://www.infinitepeople.co.uk/business_ethics.html

That's right, talk is cheap.  Would you believe similar statements from
a used car salesman?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "Those who know nothing of foreign languages know nothing
  of their own."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe