[Gllug] Spam in the UK

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 11:42:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:35:52AM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Kristian Davies wrote:
> > http://www.infinitepeople.co.uk/business_ethics.html
>
> That's right, talk is cheap.  Would you believe similar statements from
> a used car salesman?

Does the ASA (Advertising Stanndards Authority) cover this sort of thing ? [**]
If you have 1/2 hour, complain to them - include the spam as evidence of what
they say not being what they do -- so the web page (which is advertising) is wrong.

I'd love to know if you get anywhere -- should annoy them anyway & perhaps they'd
think again next time.

[**] I seem to remember something a few days ago where a NZ restaurant published
misleading menus and was prosecuted for misleading advertising.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256

#include <std_disclaimer.h>