[Gllug] Sender Policy Framework

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 16:03:16 UTC 2005

I have some perl code that allows a user to send an email to a large
number of people with the envelope address set to their own address (so
that bounces etc are correctly routed back to the user and not to a
mixture of the user and the admin depending on how the MUA/MTA is set up
at the far end).

For the first time this is now causing problems with SPF - mails are
being rejected for one user who is using a gmail address (NB: this isn't
spam of any sort).

What is the best strategy for dealing with this? Do I just have to live
with bounces scattering about and not forcing the envelope address, or
is there a way to legitimately set the envelope address that SPF will
accept?
--
Adrian McMenamin <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk>