[Gllug] Best single CD Linux distro

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 10:40:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Russell Howe moaned:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 03:13:42PM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> Ooo is probably the most bloated single application around on GNU/Linux
>> these days...
>
> Can we compare it to certain Java applications? :)

Urgh.

> I'm thinking Together-J here, which I found caused a box with 768MB
> RAM to swap heavily, and that was just starting up.

I'm using JDeveloper here (on Windows, at work). It's a bloated monster:
my 1Gb box swaps almost constantly.

You win.

--
> ...Hires Root Beer...
What we need these days is a stable, fast, anti-aliased root beer
with dynamic shading. Not that you can let just anybody have root.
 --- John M. Ford
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk