[Gllug] Redbus outage

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Tue Mar 1 21:59:28 UTC 2005

Liam Delahunty wrote:
> I'm now being told that the problem has blown up the PSU on the raq we
> have there so it'll need replacing - along with dozens of others. They
> aren't sure if there's enough spare hardware...

At work we got the following from MessageLabs:

"Tuesday 01 March 14:00 GMT. Further to the power outage problems that
MessageLabs were experiencing at the Redbus datacentre in London, we can
now confirm that the datacentre lost power due to an explosion within
one of the main power sources and the area was evacuated. The power has
now been restored using failover, and we are now in the process of
bringing infrastructure back on line. This will however be a protracted
process as most fuses and power units within the datacentre have now
blown and need to be restored or replaced. "

Rob

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk