[Gllug] Stories of using filters

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 10:42:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 06:08:27PM +0000, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 06:06:08PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> > In the past it was handy for chopping files up into 1.44MB chucks so they
> > would fit onto a bunch of floppies, but I don't tend to do that any more.
> > And of note, there's no easy way to recombine them in the MS world anyway,
> > which caused me no end of pain:
>
> That's nonsense.
>
> copy fileb >>filea
> copy filec >>filea

There's a way to do it all in one command

Something like copy /b filea /b fileb /b filec output

although I think you need a few '+' characters in there somewhere.

I shipped the split files with a batch file, with instructions to just
put all the files in one directory, and run 'runme.bat'.

The batch file combined all the parts and then deleted the original
files.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk