[Gllug] Spam in the UK

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Mar 16 12:25:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Kristian Davies wrote:

> We have received a couple of recruitment emails to our webmaster account!!
> and having just spoken to them they seem to be legit.
>
> Apart from the fact they are sending unsolicited Spam to an account that has
> never been listed anywhere, they have no idea of what our company does or
> what we need or.. Grrr...!

I've had the same problem with all kinds of companies.

A couple of years ago I even received spam including an 0800 number for
the spammer so I published the details and asked others to call them
letting them know that spam isn't a good thing. In fact I still have the
details on my website.

Where I think it will make any difference I occassionally do contact the
company and explain how harmful to their own business spam will be.
Mostly of the spam sent to me however is filtered away these days. :)

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk