[Gllug] Blackberry

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Mar 1 10:32:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:00 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> I was playing with a Blackberry the other day, and was quite surprised
> to find that there was no way to connect it to an arbitrary IMAP
> service.
>
> I guess it doesn't do IMAP, but requires some sort of proprietary mail
> server?
>
> Rich.

It requires a Blackberry Enterprise Server and uses a patented protocol
to push mail out to the handset.

You can get applications for the blackberry so I wouldn't be surprised
to see a 3rd party IMAP client there somewhere.

--
~sm
Simon Morris

### I'm running the New York City Marathon in Nov. 2005 to raise money
### for St. Marys Hospital in Paddington, London.
### Please help sponser me at http://www.justgiving.com/mozrat
### Thanks :)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk