[Gllug] open source/linux for business

Jack Richards jack at gnu-solutions.com
Wed May 25 18:16:20 UTC 2005

Reply,

You might drop James hall ( james at gnu-solutions.com ) an email.

He's been giving exactly this kind of talk to the Chamber of Commerce and
Local Biz forums. I believe he has a nice shiny presentation as well.

The one in Reading went down quite well this afternoon.

Regards,

jack

Quoting Sean Tohill <S.Tohill at westminster.ac.uk>:

> i am thinking of putting together a series of workshops which put forward
> a case for sme's to use open source/linux.
> the target audience would probably not be system admins so the argument
> would need to be on a less technical basis and more on a business basis.
>
> workshops would probably be at the university and last for an afternoon
> each time.
>
> is this a good idea?
> are there any potential speakers for such events?
>

> sean
> --

Jack Richards

GNU Solutions Ltd
Atlantic House
Imperial Way
Reading
Berks.
RG2 0TD

web   : www.gnu-solutions.com
email : jack at gnu-solutions.com
Office: +44 (0)845 89 00 767
DDI   : +44 (0)845 89 00 767 ext 4001
Mobile: +44 (0)7788 437 904
Fax   : +44 (0)871  277 1937

*

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR
ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please accept our apology.
We should be obliged if you would email them by return.

Thank you.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk