[Gllug] system load graphs on the web

Ian Norton inorton at iee.org
Wed May 25 01:35:35 UTC 2005

SteveC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ideas on something I can apt-get that will put graphs of system load in
> /var/www/ somwhere?
>
> Tried mrtg but it wants snmp and a whole lot of stuff I don't have or
> want. eg, I dont need graphs of other machines...

I have mmrtg/cacti running over my mini bunch of machines fairly well,

I dont trust snmp for much (and can also not get it working on one of my
boxes) so have resorted to using key-based ssh and shell scripts to
fetch remote data such as uptime, load and net usage.

It's been working fairly well for a while now,

http://earth.darkspace.org.uk/cacti/graph_view.php

Ian
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk