[Gllug] Upgrading thin ethernet....

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at uk.clara.net
Wed May 11 08:46:55 UTC 2005

Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Hmm - that's definitely an interesting thought that might bear some more
> looking into. They support "DOCSIS" on the cable side, which I've never
> heard of, but this looks interesting - http://docsis.sourceforge.net/. I
> wonder whether one could just generate a custom point to point config...

You might also need to provide a RADIUS server or similar authentication
device and a TFTP server for the modem to acquire its operating
parameters if it's anything like the ones I've come across before, as
they're designed for multiple EU telco/ISP installations.

Standard Ethernet co-ax is 50 Ohm stuff, which isn't 75 Ohm ;)

802.11 over Pringles cans on the roof?

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk