[Gllug] DHCP question

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon May 9 15:22:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am running dhcpd on a machine with 2 interfaces; I only wish it to serve up
IP addresses on one interface - dynamic addresses on the other interface will
be served up by another server.

The interface that I wish to serve (eth1) on has an address 192.168.145.12 and I tell
it what addresses to use:

	subnet 192.168.145.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
	    range 192.168.145.128 192.168.145.254;
	}

This works, but on startup dhcpd logs several lines about not knowing what to
do with eth0 and how it is ignoring it (which is the correct/desired behaviour).

How do I stop it wingeing quite so much ?

I put in a subnet for interface eth0, but did not specify a range (since there
is not one to allocate) and dhcpd says that it is now listening on eth0 (which
is wrong/undesired).

I can't see an option that says ''accept this interface, but ignore it''.

What should I do ?

TIA

--
Alain Williams