[Gllug] DHCP question

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon May 9 15:33:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 04:22:32PM +0100, Alain wrote:
> This works, but on startup dhcpd logs several lines about not knowing what to
> do with eth0 and how it is ignoring it (which is the correct/desired behaviour).
>
> How do I stop it wingeing quite so much ?

Either configure an empty subnet declaration for the subnet attached to
eth0 or run dhcpd with startup parameters that explicitly tell it which
interfaces to listen on.  The man pages will tell you how to do both of
those.

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.