[Gllug] E-Mail Host

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Tue May 24 09:43:34 UTC 2005

Ken Smith wrote:

> Hi Folks, I'm after a good ISP to host an e-mail service for a .ltd.uk
> domain.

I've been reading lots of good feedback about Positive Internet :)
But also I've heard quite good things about Clara.net too, apparently.

> Who do folks use for reliable pop and imap server services. Key points of
> interest are reliability, reliability and reliability. I'm really
> after 24x7 infrastructure support, failover facilities, seamless
> backup/upgrades - the full 9 yards....

I've always relied on myself for that sort of thing - I've used my own
secondary MX and DNS servers on separate networks (with ability to
download mail via POP3 on the secondary if all goes seriously pear
shaped with with the main mail server).

I'm sure there are companies that can offer all that and more, though.

> Is there an equivalent to adslguide for such services? Folks that I use/have
> used are Clara and Demon (and PSInet in the past) but there must be others.

I've always used Webhosting Talk (http://www.webhostingtalk.com)..

M.
--
Martyn Drake